Favorite Apple Cake
Delicious apple cake, served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Servings: 12 Squares
- large mixing bowl, spatula, 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups apple slices
Topping for cake
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- Mix ingredients by hand in large bowl In order given.
- Pour mixture into “greased” 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake approx. 30- 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Topping- Make topping by mixing in a small saucepan brown sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat. Pull cake out of oven the last 5 minutes and pour topping over cake and return to oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Let cake cool slightly, cut and serve warm slices of cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This is a great fall recipe for apple Season. It is a dense cake so enjoy alone or with a scoop op of ice cream.